– Manufacturer: Alpha Pharma
– Substance: Clomiphene Citrate
– Pack: 50 mg/tab. (50 tab.)
Clomid (clomiphene citrate) is a nonsteroidal, ovulatory stimulant used to treat ovulatory dysfunction and polycystic ovary syndrome in women who, after other reasons for pregnancy failure have been ruled out, desire pregnancy and follow additional instructions that make pregnancy more likely to occur with this drug use (see below about dosage and use). In addition, these women and their sperm donors usually need to undergo a number of tests scheduled by their OB-GYN doctor before Clomid is started. Clomid is available in generic form. Among athletes and bodybuilders it is commonly used as a recovery medication and taken toward the end of a steroid cycle. First of all Clomiphene is utilized to overcome gynocomastia and raise the body’s natural testosterone levels. Clomiphene Citrate works by minimizing or blocking the effects of estrogen in the body. It is chemically a synthetic estrogen with antagonist properties, and is very similar in structure and action to Tamoxifen. In certain tissues Clomiphene Citrate blocks the ability of estrogen to bind with its corresponding receptor. By restoring the natural Testosterone levels it helps the athlete’s body to preserve the gained size and strength of the muscles.
How Clomid used and works
To understand why and how clomiphene is used, it is important to have a basic understanding of normal ovulation. Normally, a woman’s ovaries produce one egg every 24 to 35 days. Ovulation usually occurs about 12 to 14 days before the next menstrual period. A woman’s best chance for becoming pregnant occurs around the day of ovulation and one to two days before ovulation. This would be approximately 12 to 14 days after the first day of a 28-day menstrual cycle. Women who are most likely to respond to clomiphene include those with polycystic ovary syndrome. Women who are unlikely to respond are those with absent periods and very low estrogen levels due to low body weight or exercise, or those with high follicle-stimulating hormone levels, an indicator of ovarian aging early menopause or primary ovarian insufficiency. Clomid works at the level of the hypothalamus where it competes for estrogen binding places. When these places are occupied by Clomid, the hypothalamus responds by producing more gonadotropin releasing hormone, which then stimulates the pituitary to produce follicle-stimulating hormone.
Clomid is one of the hormonal medications, and as a result its utilize should pass beneath the control with the medical expert. Independent usage of this drug could be ineffective and also unsafe. Only all things considered clinical studies you are able to prescribe an individual an ideal dosage regimen and also give tips for the improvement with the therapy performance.
- The common dosage regarding Clomid for the treating infertility will be 50 mg once each day before bedtime. In order to bring back ovulation Clomid needs to be taken around the 5th day with the menstrual routine within 5 nights.
- The optimum dosage regarding Clomid for the treating infertility inside women will be 150 mg once each day within 10 nights. The Optimum dosage will be prescribed right after one cycle with the use in the event the natural ovulation will not appear within 1 month after the conclusion of the particular drug utilize.
- Men must take 50 mg 1-2 times each day. The amount of the therapy is 2-3 weeks